Excerpts from analyzes, consultations, tactics and strategies on the topic of ecology, energy, electric vehicles, charging infrastructure and smart grid networks performed by the R&D team
Will there be an energy hunger? Ecology, Energy, Life and Electric Cars - a few facts:
* Lack of charging points can be a problem for electric car manufacturers:
* According to the documentation from the EC, the aim is to invest funds in the construction of 1 million charging points. According to ACEA, the number will not be enough. "The Commission's own estimates indicate that by 2030, about 2.8 million publicly available charging points will be needed, which is about 15 times more than what currently exists in the European Union," the association said.
* With regard to charging stations for electric trucks, it will be necessary to build about 90,000 public stations in the next decade to enable the transition to climate-neutral heavy goods transport, Hutema points out.
In European countries:
* As countries with the least developed charging infrastructure, ACEA indicates besides Cyprus, Greece with 61 points, Malta with 102, Bulgaria with 135 and Lithuania with 202. For the territory of our country, the data of the association show that 70 of them are with a capacity of less than 22 kW and the remaining 65 are fast chargers (≥22 kW)
We believe that ecological energy, satisfying the energy needs of electric transport only, in 20 years, will not be enough if urgent measures are not taken. Why? . We expect that in 20 years the number of cars will be almost equal to the number of electric cars. Let's assume that in 20 years Bulgaria will have 5 million electric cars. In order to meet the need for electricity, say 20% of simultaneously charged electric cars, with an average of 100 kWh batteries and an average charging time of an electric car - 20 minutes, ie. in order to charge an electric car with 100 kWh of energy you will need 300+ kW of charging station power and under these conditions you will need: Energy - 30 GW and about 100000 ZS for fast charge and 100000 for AC Charge - 200 thousand. And what are 30 GW power. Well, 30 nuclear power plants, with a capacity of 1000 MW. Or if we summarize it turns out:
For 5 million electric vehicles in Bulgaria in 20 years will need:
Electricity: 30 GW installed capacity
Charging infrastructure - over 100,000 fast charging stations and as many AC charging stations.
Of course, Bulgaria cannot ensure the construction of 30 nuclear power plants of the type in Belene with a capacity of 1000 MW in 20 years.
FOR Europe and the world, these figures are much higher.
Viewed in this way, energy hunger is emerging after 1-2 years. But there will be none!
Where do we see decisions in general and what can we do locally?
We see the solutions:
In the use of electric car batteries as balancing power.
In storing energy in the very areas of power plants, using rechargeable batteries similar to those in electric vehicles.
In the use of low-power charging stations powered only by environmentally friendly natural energy
In the use of clean energy other than electricity
In the use of information technology
In the use of the latest technologies in electronics and electrical engineering
In drawing up optimal plans for each segment of the organization of the energy mix of a city, province or administration of a country.
What can we commit to?
According to item 1. For use of electric car batteries, both as stand-alone storage elements and as part of the smart grid network
According to item 2. For the construction of storage stations around the charging stations manufactured by us and installed by customers
According to item 3. Production of stations powered only by pure natural energy.
According to item 4. We cannot commit to producing other clean energy, but we can make our stations work only with it and mixed
According to item 5. and item 6. We still use inf. Technologies and new technical solutions in our stations and we can commit to creating the latest generation of charging stations using new technologies
Under item 7. We believe that here we need to speak specifically, namely:
To prepare a plan and implement it for the infrastructure of a city or province
Under such a plan we can design and build a network of charging points according to customer requirements, be it a city, province or country
We can train staff to take care of service, information or other services.
We can make our stations as an automatic meter of ecological parameters of the environment.
We expect that the need for clean energy will be leading in all new developments of the charging infrastructure.
We believe that all products of the economy will use clean energy.
We believe that the efficiency of all energy conversion products will have to be close to a minimum of 98%. / 2% loss
and from 30 GW is a big energy loss /
* Note: In this short analysis we have used materials from articles by other authors. This material is marked with an asterisk at the beginning of the passage.